1. “Full Name” Generally full name indicates First Middle and Last name, if you don’t have a middle name, you can leave that field blank and just write your first and last name. These names will be used on your certificates. So take care and fill them out correctly!
2. “Date of Birth” - Follow the format
3. Your age “As of May 27, 2022” for example if you are 16 presently and your birthday is on 3rd Jan,you must fill 17 in the application not 16.
4. Your grade (as of May 27, 2022).
5. Please fill in your full school name, avoid abbreviations and school address.
A press release is planned to reach your school following the tournament, so please ensure that your school details are accurate and complete.
Make sure to write out your school entirely without any abbreviations. Many people put abbreviations for their school names, but that won’t be accepted.
6. Your home address. Fill in the information in the format of city, state and Nation of residence. Please avoid abbreviations that are not in common global use.
7. Your personal email address is very, very important. Please note: All the Debate information will be sent to this email address and emails may be urgent and require an immediate reply, so make sure you check your email messages every few days!
8. Mobile number which you would like us to use to contact you, Please state your relation to the owner of the number. Make sure to mention your country code. This is important for different messaging platforms that may be used.
Ex: 99-xxxxxx23 (Father) or 97-xxxxxx39 (Personal) or 1-xxxxxxxxxxx56 (Guardian) The country code might be 99, or 97, or 1.
7. “State your gender identity,” is optional. Indicate the identification pronoun you use, if you wish. (he/him, she/her/ they/them)
8. “Explain any public speaking and debate experience you have had. (It is not necessary to have formal debate training to qualify for the spUN Debates!) A part of spUN Debates program is to train students in debating space policy. (20 - 100 words)”
PART B: Permission/Recommendation, etc.
1. “A Parent or Guardian’s Permission is required for any student under 18 at the time of debate to participate in the debate, also that parent / guardian must verify the information filled in the application.”
Please fill in : Parent / Guardian Name and then check the box “yes” if your parent / guardian has permitted you to participate
2. Submit/attach a recommendation from your teacher. Note: The letter will be used in our selection criteria and therefore, is very important. Your recommendation must be unique; if there are multiple students from the same school, you may use the same teacher for your recommendation. However, each teacher must write a unique letter for each student they recommend. If student recommendations are found to be the same, then they will not be considered and the applicant may be disqualified from participating. Each school may have a maximum of 10 students applying for consideration in the spUN Debates 2022.
3. Enter the details about the teacher writing your recommendation such as name, email and phone number with country code, If you are homeschooled your recommendation letter can be written by your homeschool provider .
Please note that the teacher’s email address and phone number might be used to contact you in the event that we cannot reach you by your primary contacts, and remember our goal is to keep you informed!